We are delighted to invite you to the first event of FemCOSY, an initiative within the COSY COST that focuses on women in science, particularly in fields where they are underrepresented, such as Physics and Computational Chemistry, and also within the COSY network. Our aim is to identify the obstacles women face during their scientific careers and propose solutions to overcome them.
The first event will be a webinar on May 2nd, 2023, from 10:00 to 12:00 CET (GMT+1) featuring three successful women in science who will share their experiences and propose solutions to the challenges faced by women in science. We are thrilled to announce our distinguished speakers:
- Prof. Leticia González, University of Vienna (Austria)
- Prof. Nadine Halberstadt, CNRS, LCAR-IRSAMC (France)
- Prof. Karina Morgenstern, Ruhr-University of Bochum (Germany)
The webinar will have a roundtable discussion format, where some of the questions that will be for open discussion are:
- What are the obstacles, if any, for women in science?
- What developments or changes do you think will be needed to further advance women in science, in general, and in your field of research, in particular?
- Shall we consider normal that women are a minority in science, especially in leadership positions? Or do you think that current roles are culturally imposed and could be changed in a world where women have equal opportunities?
- Are there any guidance or suggestions you would like to offer to a younger edition of yourself who is living in the present time?
We believe that this event will provide valuable insights and networking opportunities for all participants. We would also like to remind you that there will be a section on the COSY webpage dedicated to FemCOSY. We encourage every woman in COSY to send us (Francesca or Noelia) a portrait photo to create a “women group photo.”
We look forward to “seeing you” in the virtual meeting on May 2nd! Please save the date and stay tuned for more details at the webpage site: https://cost-cosy.eu/femcosy/